Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Nursery!

Here is an overview of his room.  We are waiting on the white cable woven rug and a baby to make it complete!  I had so much fun picking out everything and love my dear friend Beth for her help!

We were given the chair by Matt's grandmother, Roxie.  There will be many hours spent here I am sure. It swivels and rocks and reclines.  I made the pillow out of the same fabric from the crib skirt.  I finally learned how to insert a zipper! That way, it can be washed.  The lamp shade was simply made by finding some fabric downtown and hot gluing it around a basic old shade.

The quilt is finally completed!!!!! Most of the fabric is from Heather Bailey.  I started it before I knew it was a boy.  It really ended up being a perfect addition to his room.  Thanks to Ellie for your inspiration!!

This is the back of the quilt, "L" for Lowe!

Old sconces that I sprayed yellow.  Looks great against the grey wall.

The elephant hooks were also sprayed and are on the wall to the left as you walk in his room.

This is a good storage chest for miscellaneous objects.  It is behind the door to his room.  

I did the drawing and painted an old frame the same color as I painted the changing table.

The art on the wall was found at one of my favorite places, The Rose Bowl Flea Market!  

After many hours of searching for crib bedding, I finally took matters in my own hands!  I found the fabric online, hemmed the edges, used some good ole velcro to attach the skirt to the crib, and DONE!

Thanks to my dear sweet husband for painting the changing table for me.  I love the color!  

The white frames were found on sale and the prints were bought on Etsy by Mint Parcel.  I can't wait to start putting in pictures in Ellie's photo album she made.  


He already has so many books and little toys.  He is one lucky fella!  If he only knew, maybe he would of come out by now!

1 comment:

  1. It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! He is one lucky boy to have such a great mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete